Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lima Part 1

Amy´s here! Oh so fabulous... and the weird thing is that is seems so natural to have her here. Forget that we´re on a different continent and it took her an entire day to get here. It´s like she just hopped on the metro to visit me.


Amy and me in the Miraflores neighborhood of Lima.

So our first day is Lima we started out at the fancy Larcomar, a mall built in to the side of a cliff along the Pacific Ocean. This is pretty much the first time I´ve seen Christmas decorations and heard Christmas music. Love it! Although, I am kind of in the twighlight zone and still stuck in July so the decorations and music do seem a bit inappropriate. Either way I celebrated with a Chai Tea Latte, my signature drink of course that I miss dearly...


Me and my starbuck. Ahh... it was so nice to get two best friends back in one day - Amy and my Chai.
After the mall we went to go see some real Peruvian culture and took a tour of pre-Incan ruins that are located in the middle of the city.


Rachel, Amy and me in front of the Huaca Pucllana ruins, which date back to 400 AD.


More ruins.
Waiting for Michelle´s flight to get in we headed over to the Barranco neighborhood. I´ve never been there before but absolutely love it. It´s super cute with tons of cafes, restaurants, bars and cobbled streets. My favorite.


Amy, me and Rach having dinner before Michelle´s flight.

Michelle got in around 11pm. We went back to our lovely hostel, slept and then got up early for our 6 to 8 hour ride to Nasca. Between the flight and the bus, poor Michelle spent the first two days of her vacation travelling. Bad planning on my part. Oops!


Amy and Michelle on our never ending bus ride to Nasca!

Next time in Nasca...

No comments:

Post a Comment