Thursday, September 3, 2009

THANK YOU!!!

Just wanted to write a quick note to say thank you to everyone who has been so kind showering me with e-mails, facebook messages, phone calls, cards, packages, buying airplane tickets to come see me (Amy and Michelle!!! I´m counting down the days until November!) AND reading my blog and leaving me messages. It means so much to me to know that I can share my experiences with you because as Christopher ¨Alexander Supertramp¨ McCandless said, ¨Happiness is only real when shared.¨ Love you guys!

SOUTH SIDE BABY!!! ...thank you Mom and Dad for sending the best hat in the world! I will wear it proudly.

6 comments:

  1. How cute are you!!!! Really styling!!! Gotta love it!!!Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I got a very disturbing comment from my cousin Timmy on facebook. It reads: ¨Heathie, hopefully you didn't throw that box away. I think your dad accidentally packed up all the white sox talent and desire to win and sent it with the hat. I'd say send it back, but I think it's too late.¨ This is very concerning. What is going on? Baseball is pretty much a non-sport down here... nobody cares and I am left in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second of all, I had an interesting morning. I wore my Sox hat to Spanish class and my teacher asked me why my hat had ¨sex¨ written on it. Oh boy, I thought that might happen. So as I turned red, I explained to him that the White Sox were the best baseball team ever in Chicago and that no, I wasn´t wearing some deviant hat. Tear tear. Once I got home I had to explain the story to Iris, Victor, and Vicky just in case they also thought that the gringa living with them was wearing a sex promoting hat. They just pretty much got a good laugh out of it so whatever. Everyone else on the streets can think I´m wearing a sex hat... can´t explain it to everyone you know.

    ReplyDelete